2006 Visual Guides Contest
Contest Submissions & Questions
By popular request the new end date for the contest is May 9
! Also, check the Questions & Answers
page for more updates and information!
Welcome to the Jedi Temple Archives 1st Annual Visual Guides Contest! Just what is a Visual Guides contest you ask? Well, we keep building and brining you brand new Visual Guides each and every day! And we expand by brining you new Visual Guide sections on a very regular basis. But...as much as we'd like to have every single Star Wars collectible ever made so we can add it to the guides, well...we don't. And, since a trip out to Rancho Obi-Wan to take photographs of everything Star Wars is not scheduled for...um, ever, we have decided to ask you, our loyal readers to lend us a hand to make this the biggest, bestest Visual Guide on the planet!
We have tons of great prizes
lined up for you and all you have to do is send us in the photographs of the items that we don't have so we can create Visual Guides from them. Each entry will earn you one spot in a random drawing. Each collectible is considered one entry, consisting of all the necessary images to create a visual guide. Everyone
who enters will have a chance to win and it is all based on the number of entries you send in! The first winner chosen at random will get first choice at which prize pool he/she would like and so on down the line. So...get those camera ready, read up on the photography taking tips
(we need "JTA Quality" images you know) and start sending in those images!!
- The Contest is open between April 1 -
April 30 May 9!!
Basic Submission Standards
- Please read our photography taking tips before taking pictures and sending them in...they are sure to help give you a super easy time at taking great Visual Guide photographs!
- All images must be taken on a smooth white base and background.
- All images must be in focus, be well lit and depict the true colors of the collectible.
- All images must be of complete collectibles, with all accessories.
- All photographs shall be taken at a minimum of 2 megapixels (approx. 1600x1200) and in a .jpg format.
- All images MUST in raw, unaltered, unedited format straight from the digital camera. Please don't crop or adjust the images.
What is a "Contest Entry"?
- Each set of images (not including the packaging) sent in that completes a loose Visual Guide for 1 of the Star Wars Collectibles listed in the "Visual Guides Needs Checklist" only will count as 1 Contest Entry.
- Each carded image sent in for 1 of the Star Wars Collectibles listed in the "Visual Guides Needs Checklist" only will count for 1/2 Contest Entry.
- If you send in both the images for the loose guide and its carded image that is worth 1-1/2 Contest Entries.
- If your total final entries contain a 1/2 entry at the contest end, the total will be rounded up.
- Any images that are not "useable" will not count towards the contest total.
- We will notify you of any images that are not "useable" and provide tips on how to make them better so you may submit them again if you wish.
- "Needed Collectibles" are NOT on a first come, first serve basis...in other words, different contestants may submit images for the same collectible and will count towards individual contest entries.
- Image sharing between contestants is not allowed. Any images that have been shared will result in the disqualification of that set of images from the total.
- Images must be your own photographs. Please do not take photos from anywhere online, including online auctions, fan collection web sites, collectible web sites, etc.
How to Send in Your Images
- Please submit ONE sample photograph before you take any of your photos. This will ensure that your images will be accepted before you spend all kinds of time taking pictures. Once we accept your image quality/setup, we will let you know you are good to go! We will give you tips on how to improve your images if needed. This is all to help you not to spend large amounts of time taking pictures outside JTA standards and being asked to take them again.
- Images shall be placed into one (1) .zip file (Download WinZip) per collectible and be named accordingly.
- Send each .zip file in an individual e-mail to [email protected]. The words "JTA Visual Guides Contest" must be included in the subject line or they will risk deletion by our virus protection software.
- If you are working from a mac and cannot use winzip, then send each set of images in one email each (in other words, don't send one email containing images from multiple items).
The Legal Stuff
- Contest eligibility: Unfortunately, owners and staff of other Star Wars collectible web sites would have an unfair advantage with large numbers of collectibles and photographs already available to them. Entries from owners and staff of other Star Wars collectible web sites could also present a conflict of interest. Therefore, this contest is only open to the persons not involved in collectible web sites. This does not include personal collection web sites or Star Wars fan sites that do not photographically archive Star Wars collectibles.
- Jedi Temple Archives owners and staff and our sponsors are not eligible for the contest.
- All prizes will be sent out (postage paid) in a timely manner. Prizes that have not been released as of the contest date may take longer to arrive than the rest of the prizes.
- All federal, state, local and import taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
- All submitted pictures become property of Jedi Temple Archives to use, alter, and edit as needed.
Questions & Answers
- Do you have a question about the contest, photography or how many pictures to take? Just send it in to [email protected] and we'll get it answered to you. You can see the full list of questions and answers in the Questions & Answers page.
Prize Pool "A"
Prize Pool "B"
Prize Pool "C"
VISUAL GUIDES NEEDS CHECKLISTS
4" Figures, Role Play & Micro Machines
High End Collectibles (Gentle Giant, Master Replicas, Sideshow, Code 3, Riddell & Don Post Helmets)
Star Wars Miniatures
Young Kids Stuff (Jedi Force, Force Battlers, M&Ms)
Adobe Reader 5.0 or higher required.