We are reaching out to our viewers who have a talent for dynamic action figure photography to help add a little extra to our Visual Guides by showcasing their work of figures in an environmental setting. Action figure photography has become increasinly popular lately, and we were inspired by some of the amazing photos submitted to Instagram user starwarstheblackseries and thought this would be a great way to show off action figures beyond our basic identification guides (if you don’t follow them on Instagram, you should!). We’d like to pick the best of the best and add a few additional slides to some of our Visual Guides. If you want to make a contribution to our guides and think you have what it takes then click through for some basic guidelines for submission.
If you want to submit some artwork for inclusion in our guides we will pick the best of the best and showcase them as an additional part of our Visual Guide database.
Here are some basic guidelines for what we can use:
- Images must be cropped to one of the following sizes: 3153×2000 or 1577×1000. Anything smaller of a different ratio cannot fit into our Visual Guide template.
- If multiple figures are used, they must be in the same scale (they can, however, be from different lines)
- Any scale can be showcased (Hasbro, Sideshow, Hot Toys, etc.)
- The images must be your own work (don’t take images found online and submit them)
- The figures themselves must be unaltered (stock). No customs or digital customs. Environmental effects are perfectly acceptable (lightsaber effects, smoke, scenery, etc.)
Update: Custom paint apps are acceptable as long as they are noted.
By submitting your photographs you agree to let Jedi Temple Archives use them as a part of their online Visual Guides.
Depending on how many submissions we receive, we will showcase on our front page the ones we end up adding to our guides either weekly, monthly, or as needed.
Please include the following information with your submission:
- How you want to be credited in the title section of the slide (Instagram handle, twitter, real name, or whatever you want). If you want to remain anonymous, then just list yourself as such. If you use a Social Media name, specify which outlet with your name.
- List what figures (name and line) are represented in the image
- If you have a title for the scene, feel free to add one. However, this is not necessary.
Additional questions? Just ask!