12" Figures | Premium Format Figures | 1:1 Scale Busts
1/9 Scale Dioramas (Versus) | Miscellaneous
Sideshow Collectibles presented another nice Star Wars display at this years Toy Fair. Most of the previously announced figures showed up with the exception of Jabba the Hutt, and we were treated to two of the newly announced items: PF Darth Maul and Obi-Wan vs. Anakin from the new Verses line of 1/9 scale dioramas. Although no exclusives were announced or previewed, they said we can expect more than 1 Sideshow exclusive at Celebration IV.
Sideshow did not give us many surprises in the 1/6 Scale line today but they did have a number of figures on hand that we got to see with our own eyes for the first time.
- Asajj Ventress – For a very "simple" character this has turned out to be a very elegant figure that will stand out in many collections
- Buboicullaar Creature Pack – This pack will look good as a stand alone, displayed with Salcious Crumb and his pals or, of course, as part of a diorama with Jabba and the rest of the gang.
- Dejarik Holochess Expansion Pack – This 1/6 scale representation of the Holochess table on the Falcon is just what the collector ordered. When asked what 1/6 scale figures would accompany this "expansion pack" we could not dig anything up other than it will not be Chewbacca, R2-D2 or C-3PO, at least not in the near future. The creatures on the chess table are each separate pieces and can be moved around the board.
- Endor Rebel Infantry, Rebel Commando Sergeant and Nik Sant – Rebel Commando Pathfinder: This is a sharp looking bunch of troopers and Sideshow is looking to do more for us...it just won't happen in 2007. This was the original set of troopers because there were different original plans for other characters that would be released around them. The original thoughts were also to do just one trooper but the team could not decide which one to do so they did all three.
- Sideshow stated once again that the armored troops and guys like Boba Fett are on the horizon but they would like to get them just right before they decide to go ahead with them. Until then they are very happy to offer the RAH and promise that their versions, when offered will be unique from the RAH line.
- Think 30th Anniversary when you try to figure out what else from the 12" line may be released this year.
- The Leia Boushh on display is still a prototype...expect the release to be pushed from March to about May.
- There is a good chance we will see more characters in the Lords of the Sith line.
- Snowbunny Padmé is on hold. The prototype is done but they are not happy with it and are trying to fine tune the product.
Premium Format Figures
The very special guest at Sideshow today was the just announced Darth Maul Premium Format figure. He will be armed with a double-bladed light up lightsaber. The Sideshow exclusive version will come with a Sith Probe Droid.
- There will be 3 or 4 total Premium Format figures this year.
- Think Original Trilogy when trying to figure out other offerings in the line-up this year.
- The program that offers the Exclusive version of Darth Maul was developed to say thank you to the long time Premium Format collectors. The regular version will be available to all.
1:1 Scale Busts
Sideshow only had one of their 1:1 scale busts on display: the Jedi Master Yoda. The detail was incredible on this life-sized bust, and he should be shipping sometime in March.
1/9 Scale Dioramas (Versus)
On display for the first time since the line was announced a day before was the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan Versus diorama. This new line was inspired by the success that Sideshow has had with their Marvel dioramas and it looks like it will have plenty of opportunities to have success.
- The line will focus on the important battles of Star Wars.
- There will be a nice variety of settings for the conflicts, including some creatures.
- Sideshow felt that even though they capture the characters in their individual formats (1/6 and PF scales) that creating an environment where characters square off on one another brings out even more of that character.
- The line may even expand into the Clone Wars.
- Anakin vs. Obi-Wan will retail for $280.
- Anakin vs. Obi-Wan is planned to be released in the 3rd quarter of 2007.
- Sideshow is planning on releasing only 3 or 4 different dioramas per year.
Sideshow will continue to offer a limited run of the Medicom Super Deformed and Real Action Heroes to collectors in the U.S.
-Back to Top-