HASBRO! Do you see what including an exclusive figure has done for the #backthebarge campaign? We are even aware of collectors that have come out their slumber hiatus SOLELY FOR THE YAK FACE figure (card back exclusive) and have plopped down $500 to back this project (FOR THE YAK FACE FIGURE!). As a result of your intelligent action, we’ve had close to 200 more backers since the announcement this morning, and we blew right into the 3000+ area now. Collectors want to feel like they’re getting something exclusive here. We’d like to suggest keeping that momentum going.
You have produced some FANTASTIC figures throughout the years that aren’t in need of an update (there will be differing opinions here for sure). However, below are eight examples/ideas of other figures you can also include with Jabba’s Sail Barge (The Khetanna). Again, make the 1985 The Power Of The Force card backs exclusives for HasLab, and if needed, release the original vintage Kenner card back for the general marketplace items. Click through for more!
1. Barada – You have released Barada and Kithaba in the modern line. Sadly, Barada is in need of a significant update. In 2012 you released Kithaba (to match the erroneous 1985 Kenner figure). But how about making an exclusive release of either (A) Kithaba on of POTF card back or (B) updating Kithaba and transition it into a new Barada figure and give us our first super-articulated version of him on a vintage Kenner styled card back! (Think about that 4-LOM/Zuckuss exclusive you did. Same principle here.)
2. Boba Fett – Who wouldn’t commit murder for a 1985 POTF styled Boba Fett figure?
3. Lando Calrissian – This would force you to update Lando Calrissian while also giving us an exclusive card back for backing Jabba’s Sail Barge.
4. 2-1B – You have a fantastic template you can use from the 30 (77-07). You just need to update the arms and maybe the feet a little. Also, the 2-1B coin is one of the most expensive coins on the aftermarket.
5. Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard) – You STILL need to release this figure on a Return Of The Jedi card back, but how about also doing this figure with a coin exclusively for Jabba’s Sail Barge? It would be fricking awesome.
6. Cloud Car Pilot – This figure is an obscure choice. We thought it would make a unique collector’s item unto itself.
7. Greedo – Greedo is a personal favorite. Also, his coin is ridiculous on the aftermarket too. It would make an excellent exclusive figure for Jabba’s Sail Barge. (We could always pretend he’s Beedo!)
8. FX-7 – This is another sorely needed figure that needs representation in The Vintage Collection. You have a perfect specimen from 2001’s Power Of The Jedi line. Get that rare coin pressed and include FX-7 as part of the exclusive benefits of Jabba’s Sail Barge.
We have picked figures that already exist. They’re great figures. And it will cost you next to nothing to include them in Jabba’s Sail Barge. I think with a healthy dose of exclusively carded figures Jabba’s Sail Barge will indeed have enough interest to get fully backed!
These are just examples. If you have similar idead or better ideas, please leave them in the comments. Hasbro is reading.
-Click HERE to return to the home page-